Handvo: A traditional Gujarati full-flavored snack made with semolina, besan and container gourd. Delicious as well as nutritious on its own, handvo produces an instantaneous snack or a filling up breakfast.
When partner’s away for a number of weeks, i get to live with my moms and dads for that time. Not gon na lie, these number of weeks with my moms and dads make me miss them a little much less. Being away from parents is difficult but I am fortunate enough to get my share of time with them whenever I can, courtesy my in-laws.
The initial day at my parents’ residence included me in the cooking area for the whole day. Food preparation food is something I take pleasure in to the core. Handvo was something I never ever made before. However I enjoy the preference, appearance and also the aroma it has.
Handvo, a traditional Gujarati snack, is made with a batter of rice, mix dal and also grated container gourd. It can also be made with a batter of semolina as well as besan, also known as gram flour. It has an abundant texture and the crisp top as well as bottom makes also more tasty. The aroma of fresh curry leaves makes it alluring.
Let’s start with the recipe!
In a dish, add semolina, besan, curd and also the spices, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, sugar as well as lemon juice. Mix every little thing well.
Now, include grated bottle gourd to the batter and also mix well. Add water if called for. The uniformity of the batter ought to be thick. Don’t include excessive water. Add cut coriander and finely cut eco-friendly chilli to the batter.
When you are just ready to make handvo, add cooking soda to the batter.
In a pan, include some oil. When the oil warms up, include cumin seeds, mustard seeds and sesame seeds. When they begin to splutter, include fresh curry leaves.
Include the batter slowly and also spread it over the toughening up equally. Cover the frying pan with a cover as well as cook the handvo on a reduced flame.
When the lower side of handvo gets golden brown and also crisp, transform it over meticulously and prepare the opposite for a long time till it gets crisp and also gold brownish.
into pieces and serve cozy with catsup or eco-friendly coriander chutney.
Dish card for Handvo:
- 1 cup semolina
- 1/2 cup besan
- 1 mug curd
- 1 tsp. red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cup bottle gourd, grated
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 environment-friendly chillies, chopped carefully
- 1/2 tsp. cooking soda
- 3-4 tsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
- In a bowl, add semolina, besan, curd as well as the seasonings, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt, sugar and also lemon juice. Mix whatever well.
- Now, add grated container gourd to the batter and also blend well. Include water if required. The consistency of the batter ought to be thick. Don’t include excessive water.
- When you are simply prepared to make handvo, include baking soda to the batter.
- In a pan, include some oil. When the oil warms up, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds and sesame seeds. When they begin to splutter, add fresh curry leaves. Include the batter slowly and spread it over the solidifying uniformly. Cover the frying pan with a cover and also prepare the handvo on a reduced flame.
- When the lower side of handvo obtains gold brownish as well as crisp, turn it over very carefully and also prepare the opposite side for some time until it gets crisp and gold brown.
- Cut right into items as well as offer warm with catsup or green coriander chutney.
Hope you similar to this article as well as do give it a try. While you’re at it, do drop in comments in the comments section or message photos on Facebook and also Instagram. Additionally, tag your images with #thatbakergal. I would certainly enjoy to learn through you.
Furthermore, subscribe to obtain routine updates about my next post.
Satisfied Food preparation!!!
Hara Bhara Kebab
Baked Bread Pockets