Mini Idli Fry: Mini toughened up idlis are a fantastic means to serve idlis. Produces a scrumptious and also healthy breakfast. It can likewise be worked as an afterschool treat for youngsters.
When it comes to South-Indian food, I am a real fan. Infact my hostel weekend break menu consisted of south-indian food. Be it either idli or dosa. I consider it soul food.
Mini idli fry is a twist to the regular idli we made use of to have. Mini Idli Fry is a staple starter at my residence. Making it is the most basic point ever before. Just throw some mini idlis with fried veggies. Definitely scrumptious, healthy and filling breakfast or starter or in my situation, my supper.
Scroll down for the recipe!!
To start with, to make idli batter, saturate sooji in dahi as well as enough water. The consistency of batter must not be also thick or thin, practically right. Cover it as well as allow it relax for an excellent 1/2 an hour.
Examine the batter for its consistency and then include salt as well as cooking soda to it. Mix well.
Now, separate the batter 5 portions and also add food colour per bowl, except one which is white. Mix the colour completely with the batter.
Heat water in a steamer. Grease mini-idli mould with some oil or ghee. Pour the batter onto the mould as well as fit them onto the stand. Place stand in the steamer. Cover the cover as well as allow it heavy steam until done. It will hardly take 10 minutes.
After the idli is done, let it amazing a little and also demould right into a bowl. Repeat for the continuing to be batter.
Heat some oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, sesame seeds and also curry leaves as well as allow them splutter.
After that include eco-friendly chillies, cabbage and also capsicum and also let them cook.
Currently, include the mini idlis and also saute well. Include salt according to your taste.
Garnish with cut coriander and serve warm and also enjoy.
Recipe card for Mini Idli Fry:
- 1 cup semolina (sooji)
- 1/2 mug curd
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Baking soda
- Food colouring
- 1/2 mug cabbage, cut right into juliennes
- 1 environment-friendly chilli, chopped carefully
- 1/4 mug capsicum, cut right into juliennes
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoon. oil
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Coriander leaves, cut and also washed
- To start with, to make idli batter, saturate sooji in dahi as well as sufficient water. The uniformity of batter need to not be as well thick or slim, nearly right. Cover it and allow it relax for a good 1/2 an hour.
- Check on the batter for its consistency and afterwards include salt as well as baking soft drink to it. Mix well.
- Currently, separate the batter 5 parts and add food colour to every bowl, except one which is white. Mix the colour completely with the batter.
- Warm water in a steamer. Grease mini-idli mould with some oil or ghee. Pour the batter onto the mould and fit them onto the stand. Location stand in the steamer. Cover the lid and also let it vapor till done. It will hardly take 10 mins.
- After the idli is done, allow it great somewhat as well as demould into a bowl. Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, sesame seeds and also curry fallen leaves and allow them splutter.
- After that include environment-friendly chillies, cabbage and capsicum and allow them cook.
- Now, include the mini idlis and also saute well. Add salt according to your preference.
- Garnish with cut coriander and also serve warm as well as appreciate.
similar to this post and do give it a shot. While you go to it, do decrease in responses in the comments area or post photos on Facebook and also Instagram. Also, tag your images with #thatbakergal. I would enjoy to speak with you.
Additionally, sign up for get regular updates regarding my next post.
Happy Food preparation!!!
Hara Bhara Kebab
Baked Bread Pockets